Saturday, April 21, 2007

Selling On Etsy Tip #7 The Right Words





Photo courtesy of Green Chair Press
an incredible and highly recommended place to shop :O)









Words. Words are highly important. Love them or hate them Starbucks is the perfect example of how words sell your product. By the simple Italian-ization of small, medium and large they created a brand for themselves and a new way to market coffee.


Tip 7.
Create an identity for YOUR work. Give it a cool name, a funky description, make it something that people will notice and remember. This is a great thing to do in your listing title. I have a pendant with text on it, originally and genericly named "a word pendant". It didn't sell so I renamed it Bookish and renued it for fresh viewing. The change in text created an identity for the necklace and it sold right away.
A simple play on words can really add a twist to your item, it can be the reason you make a sale.

5 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

Great tip. I would like to trade actual blog links. This should help both of us improve our blog ranking. Let me know if you are interested.

http://artisan-jewelry.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Sandra Eileen

BlueJude said...

I actually did the same thing with a piece I had up. Tho I wasn't intitially happy with teh title I threw it up anyway. Weeks later, changed it to something more suitable and voila! it sold! Good tip!

Susy said...

Very interesting! I had never given this much thought. Littleput, I love your helpful and supportive, and creative blog. I love how you help other people while still doing your thing. So great. Kudos to you. I can't wait to explore more of your posts!

Susy

chris said...

Hi,

We have recently launched a {designer handbag | designer watches | designer
jewellery } (choose one which is most appropriate) blog and we are looking
to spread the word and get in contact with similar websites to ours to
promote relevant blogs and websites.

Please email me at chriss714@gmail.com

Thanks
Chris

piddix said...

Good tip. Similarly, I find that giving people examples of what to do with an item, in my case, can be helpful as well. I had these little tiny butterfly collage sheets that no one bought. Then I re-named them something like itty bitty butterflies for marble art and more (since you can put them under half-marbles that are less than an inch bit), and now they sell pretty well.